Your applications automatically upgrade whenever you upgrade Kepion. However, application errors can fail an application upgrade.
If an application fails to upgrade, its State will be set to Inaccessible, and you will see the following error message:
"Unable to upgrade the application. Please find more details in the Event Viewer
on the web server. Once the issue is fixed, try to turn on the application again."
Note: This issue can arise when you migrate an application to an upgraded environment.
This article explains how system admins can identify the exact error(s) preventing an application from upgrading.
1. Open the Event Viewer on the web server.
2. Go to Windows Logs > Application.
3. Select Filter Current Log...
4. Select Kepion Planning from Event sources and then select OK.
5. Locate the error message(s) specific to the application(s) that did not upgrade.
Tip: The error message usually appears after the information message "Application Name requires upgrade."
6. Troubleshoot based on the error message(s).
Note: Please submit a support request if you do not know how to fix the error.
7. To verify the fix, a system admin can go to the application in the System module and select Turn On.
If the State value changes to Online, the error has been successfully fixed.
If the value is still inaccessible, repeat steps 5-7.