Your Applications automatically upgrade whenever you upgrade Kepion. However, Application errors can prevent it from upgrading. A tell-tale sign of a failed Application upgrade is when you try to turn the Application online, but it remains offline upon saving.
This issue can arise when you upgrade Kepion or migrated an Application to an upgraded environment. When accessing the Application through the Modeler, it will appear empty:
This article will show you how to identify the exact error(s) preventing your Application from upgrading.
1. Open Event Viewer on the web server.
2. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application.
3. Select Filter Current Log...
4. Set Event sources to Kepion Planning and then select OK.
5. Locate the error message(s) specific to the Application(s) that did not upgrade.
Tip: The error message usually appears after the information message "Application Name requires upgrade."
6. Troubleshoot based on the error message(s).
Note: Please submit a support request if you do not know how to fix the error.
7. Verify the upgrade error has been fixed by turning the Application online and saving:
- If the Application remains Online, the error has been successfully fixed.
- If the Application switches back to Offline, repeat steps 5-7.