Author: Joyce Zhou
Whether you are using PivotTable on data in your workbook or connecting to a Kepion Application, you could run into a situation where row and/or column data disappear in the report based on your field selection(s).
- The highest level of table headers (in this case, the Account Dimension) doesn’t contain any data (if connected to Kepion)
- By default, PivotTables only display table headers in collapsed view (i.e., show the highest level of a hierarchy if connected to Kepion)
- By default, PivotTables don’t display empty rows or columns
In this article, we will show you steps on how to display fields without any available data.
Tip: If you would like to learn how to build Excel PivotTables, please refer to this article.
1. Right-click the PivotTable and select PivotTable Options…
2. Check Show items with no data on rows and Show items with no data on columns.
3. Click OK.
If you are connected to Kepion, you should see the table with full axis information according to your PivotTable selections.
If your PivotTable is not connected to Kepion, you must complete a few more steps to display see the table with full axis information.
3. Select a field in the Values area for which you want to change the summary function of the PivotTable report.
4. On the Analyze (or Options) tab, in the Active Field group, click Active Field.
5. Click Field Settings > Layout & Print.
6. Enable Show items with no data.
7. To force the Pivot Table to display zero when items have no data, enter a zero under the Layout & Format tab of PivotTable Options.