Deployment fails at the Process step, and the error message reads in one of the following ways.
- Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.
- Errors in the back-end database access module. OLE DB reported an overflow of the data type for column 0.
- Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the MemberId Attribute of the Scenario_Scenario Dimension from the <Database Name> database was being processed.
- Errors in the back-end database access module. The read operation was canceled due to an earlier error.
- Server: The current operation was canceled because another operation in the transaction failed.
An overflow of data type arises when MemberId in the Dimension table exceeds its column data type restriction. A common cause of the issue is that we have an Add Members function in a Dashboard, and users add Members beyond the Dimension's limit.
Each Dimension has a defined size. The Dimension's size decides the data type of MemberId column. Here is the valid MemberId range for each dimension size.
To fix this issue, identify which Dimension has the data overflow issue from the error message, and then follow this article to modify the Dimension size.