Author: Joyce Zhou
Deployment fails at the the Process step. The error reads: “OLE DB or ODBC error: Login failed for user ‘xyz’.; 28000.”
If deploying from the Administrator module, the error message may look like the one below:
For the Process step to run successfully, the SSAS server must have access to the SQL Server to retrieve the necessary data from the relational database. You are likely seeing the error because your SSAS server does not have access to your SQL Server.
1. Open the Services App and identify the SSAS SI credential by looking at the Log On As column.
2. Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL Server.
3. Right-click Logins and select New Login...
4. Enter the SSAS SI credential.
5. Go to the Server Roles page, select sysadmin, and click OK.
The Application should deploy successfully.