Author: Joyce Zhou
When trying to attach an application to a newly set up environment, you may encounter this error reporting "Attempting to create application failed: Application ID not found."
Before you Start
- Make sure that the user who’s attaching the database is a SysAdmin of the SQL Server.
- Check if Kepion has ever been installed in more than one machine in this environment—for example, both on your local machine and then on another server. If so, this issue may be caused by a server name resolution error.
For a multi-machine environment, follow the procedure immediately below. For a single machine environment, follow the second resolution.
Resolution #1: Multiple Machine in Environment
1. Find the IP address of the SQL Server Machine where the Kepion CPMAppHost database is located.
2. Open the Kepion Configuration Wizard on the Web Server.
3. Click Next to disconnect the current settings.
4. Open the Kepion Configuration Wizard again.
5. Select Connect to an existing one and click Next.
6. In the Database Server name field, enter the IP address you found in the first step.
7. Click Next.
8. Enter the username and password of the service account. Enter the username of the SQL Server's SysAdmin.
9. Click Next to finish.
10. Open Kepion and re-attach the database. Use the IP Address to locate the server.
Resolution #2: Single Machine in Environment
If Kepion has been installed on one machine in the environment, this issue may be caused by a machine that hasn’t been connected to the AD. In this case, when you run the following queries.
SELECT * FROM [CPMAppHost].[dbo].[Applications]
SELECT * FROM [CPM Example].[dbo].[User]
You’ll see that the application exists in the first table, but the user who added the attachment is not in the second table. This means the user has not been added to the application. Therefore, when the user tries to save or refresh, they will not be able to see the application.
If this is the case, please make sure the machine is connected to the domain, i.e., through VPN etc., and then delete and re-attach the application.