Kepion supports data analysis using 3rd party reporting tools. In this article, we will show you how to connect to the Analysis Services (SSAS) database using PivotTables in Excel.
Before You Start
Please verify the following in order to ensure a successful connection:
- You have an account with access to the SSAS server (i.e. CORP\USER or email@example.com)
- You know the name or IP address of the server
- The SSAS server has the appropriate ports opened and available for access
Note: Analysis Services connection is supported on Office Excel 2003 and above.
Connect to Analysis Services
1. Go to the Data tab in Excel.
2. Select Get Data > From Database > From Analysis Services.
3. In the Server name field, enter the name or IP address of the target server.
4. Click Next.
Tip: If your machine is not joined with the same domain as the target Analysis Services server, select Use the following User Name and Password and enter the domain account and password.
5. Select the database you want to connect to in the drop-down list.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Finish.
Create PivotTables for Analysis
Now we can see all of the Model Dimensions, together with the Measure Group(s), in the PivotTable Fields menu.
Simply drag fields into the form axis to create PivotTables.
If you see an empty table even if the axes are set up correctly, refer to the article Why Is There No Data in my Pivot Table? for immediate assistance.