Users who integrate their own BI reporting system with Kepion can embed their BI screen right into the Kepion Dashboard. It’s a feature among business analytics solutions that query relational databases and OLAP cubes (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, Domo, and many more).
Attention: We recommend you install the latest version of Kepion. Embedding HTML code snippets is automatically supported in the newest version of our software.
1. In the Modeler, expand Application and select All HTML.
2. Select Add.
3. Enter your desired name and select Save.
4. Open your BI application to retrieve the embed code. For example, in Power BI, go to File and choose the Embed option.
5. Copy the link in the highlighted field.
6. In Kepion, select Edit.
7. Paste the link into the HTML content space and select Save.
Tip: The width and height of the frame can be edited in the HTML component link as well.
8. In the Dashboard Editor, right-click anywhere on the screen and select Add Content.
9. Select the HTML icon ().
10. Choose HTML as the Type and its associated content as defined earlier on.
11. Select OK.
12. Use any HTML browser (Edge/Chrome) to navigate to Apps and open the Dashboard. The embedded HTML content should render.
Tip: To refresh data on the Power BI canvas, right-click the surrounding white space and select Reload Frame.