Author: Kepion Product Team
Modelers can manage Form filter updates across the entire application by using Member Variables. Form filters that are configured to use Member Variables can then be updated together in a centralized place.
To create an application Member Variable:
1. Navigate to the following in MODELER:
2. Click on the Add icon in the ribbon and configure your Member Variable:
3. Give your Member Variable a name and select the context (Member List and Hierarchy) for defining the member. Click OK to finish.
4. To configure the Member Variable in a Form, select the FILTER tab and click on the settings icon under the Default Member section on the desired filter to open the configuration window.
5. Because the FiscalYear filter has the same context as the application Member Variable, you can configure it to use that Member Variable.
6. When you refresh your Form, you will now see that the filter is set to FY19. Any changes to the application Member Variables will now automatically be reflected in the filter on the Form.