In this article, we'll take a look at the steps necessary to get the Kepion app running in the Azure Marketplace.
Purchase Kepion Cloud App
1. Sign in to Microsoft Azure, and make sure you have an Azure subscription.
2. Search the Azure Marketplace for Kepion Cloud, or click here to go directly to the product page.
3. Select GET IT NOW.
3. Click Create.
Create Virtual Machine
When you configure your VM's basic settings, use the exact value for the Name and User name fields when you create the VM. This will avoid additional configuration steps once the VM is deployed.
- Name: KepionCloud
- User name: KepionAdmin
Fill out other fields as desired, and click OK to continue.
For your VM's size, we recommend at least 4 cores and 14 GB. Click Select to continue.
Click OK to continue. No change is needed at this point.
Review the settings, and click OK to continue.
Click Purchase if everything looks good to you.
Azure will start preparing your VM. Once the deployment is complete, you will see a screen similar to the one below:
Launch Kepion App
1. Open your Microsoft Azure portal, and go to the Kepion Cloud VM.
2. Click Connect to download the RDP connector.
3. Go to your download folder, and double-click KepionCloud to start the Remote Desktop Connection.
4. Click Connect.
5. Enter the user credential you configured in the first step of creating the VM.
6. Click Yes to continue.
Once logged in (Congratulations!), you can access Kepion by opening http://localhost:8888/ in your web browser. You can create your first App or attach one of our sample Apps to the environment.
Update DNS Name
If you plan to access Kepion from outside the VM environment with a user-friendly URL, you need to update the DNS Name.
1. Click on the field under Public IP address/DNS name label, then Configuration.
2. Enter your desired DNS name label, and click Save.
3. Hover over the field below Public IP address/DNS name label and select Click to copy the string.
The substring after the forward slash is your DNS Name. Use the following to construct your URL to access Kepion from outside the VM environment.
For example, if the string copied from the field is:
I’ll use the following url to access Kepion from outside the RDP:
Click Stop to shut off the KepionCloud VM when you are not using it.