Properties display attribute value(s) of a dimension member instead of the dimension member itself. Modelers can display properties on a dashboard using the filter display component.
For example, in the image below, Local Currency is a filter display whose selection changes to match the entity.
This article explains how to show properties using filter displays.
Tip: You can also use filter displays to add images to dashboards. Learn more.
Add display property
1. In the Modeler, go to a form and select Edit.
2. Go to Properties > Filter, then select Add.
3. Select the property you want to display and select OK.
Return to Main to see the new filter property. It's displaying USD because United States is selected in the Entity Hierarchy filter.
Add filter display
1. Go to the dashboard with the form and select Edit.
2. Right-click the page and select Add Filter Display.
3. Select the form and filter display to use.
4. (Optional) Select the filter display icon ( ) to customize the formatting of the component.
Now we have a Local Currency filter display that dynamically changes based on the Entity filter selection.