Kepion allows you to create a drop-down list which depends on Filter selections or Dimension Members on the row or column. In this example, the options in the Currency Drop-Down will change as the Entity Filter selection changes.
1. Go to the Forms node in your target Model.
2. Navigate to the Drop-Down tab and click Add.
3. Configure your drop-down:
- Name as Currency Drop-Down
- Type as Dynamic List
- Depends on as Entity
Tip: Source Override allows you to specify a different source table for your dynamic drop-down. This can be useful if you want the dynamic drop-down to be based on a view, rather than the auto-generated table.
4. Click OK.
5. Deploy the Application.
6. Open SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) and find a table called:
The table will include all the depended on Dimension IDs, followed by Value, Display, Link, and Order columns which define the Drop-Down.
Now you need to populate this table with proper values. In this Drop-Down, when United States is selected (EntityID: 2), both USD and CAD will display, and when Canada is selected (EntityID: 6) only CAD will be displayed.
7. Go to the target Form > Advanced > Drop-Down, and click Add.
8. Configure as follows:
- Drop-Down as Currency Drop-Down
- Model Dimension as Metric
- Member as Currency
9. Click Add.
The drop-down should work in the way we described.
And when you switch the Entity Filter to Canada, the currency changes.