Author: Kepion Product Team
Collation refers to the rule set that determines how data is sorted and compared. In this article, we'll explain how you can alter collation in your Application database.
Tip: To check an Application's current collation, right-click the database and select Properties.
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your server.
2. Back up your Application database. Refer to this article if you don't know how to do so.
3. Script out the Application database, including both schema and data. Refer to the following article to see the detailed steps.
4. Include a default database collation in the SQL script.
ALTER DATABASE [NEW] COLLATE Modern_Spanish_CI_AI;
You can insert the collation setting right after the compatibility level settings. See the highlighted region below:
5. Right-click your Application database and select Delete.
Attention: Make sure you have backed up the Application database before following this step.
6. Select Execute to run the script and wait for it to complete.