In part 7 of the Modeler Tutorial, we will create a new Dashboard App. A Dashboard App is the combination of both a Dashboard and all its related security and workflow settings (e.g., user access, read and write permissions, etc.).
Configure Model Permissions
1. Hover over the Administrator Module and select your Application.
2. Go to Permission.
3. Select the target user in the Configure drop-down.
4. Click Model to change Model permissions.
5. Under the Read column, select all three Models. This allows the user to view the data in every Model. Under the Write column, select Assumption and Expense. You don't need write permissions for the Reporting Model as our Net Income Report doesn't accept data input.
6. Click OK.
Note: If you are a Model Designer or System Administrator, you have read permissions for all Models within the Application, implicitly.
7. Click Save All in the navigation bar.
Configure a Dashboard App
1. Go to Dashboard App and select Add.
2. Name the new Dashboard App, click the Dashboard drop-down, and select the Dashboard we just created.
3. Click Save.
4. Select Revenue Planning to go to your new Dashboard App.
5. Go to the User tab and click Contributor.
A Contributor is a basic Workflow Role that allows users to view and edit Apps.
6. Select the target user and click OK.
7. Click Save All.
Now that everything is configured, let's move on to Part 8 - Dashboard Apps to start adding data to our Revenue Planning App.