CSV files can be loaded into Model Partitions through the Modeler. In this article, we will cover how to review partitions and import data into them.
View Data in a Partition
1. Go to the target Model and select its Data node.
In this example, we will be loading data to the Actual partition in the Financial Statement Model.
2. Click Refresh either in the window or the ribbon to display any current data in the partition.
3. Select a header and click to filter the displayed results.
Tip: Selecting Export from the ribbon will allow you to export the data to a .csv file. If filters are applied to the view, then only the filtered data will be exported. This feature is helpful if you need the file format for loading/importing data.
Import a CSV File
The file being loaded is a comma-delimited file, with the following columns:
1. Click Import.
2. Click Please select... and navigate to the file that you would like to load.
3. Configure the rest of the fields as necessary:
- Decimal Symbol: Decimal symbol used in the source file.
- Content: Append existing data or Delete existing data and import.
- Mapping Section: Maps the columns in the source file to the Dimensions in the Model. You can customize which source columns are used to map to the target.
4. Click Import to initiate the load process.
Once the process is complete you can use the filters to view the loaded data. You can also select Show data errors to view any errors that may exist.