Kepion provides users in the Administrator or Advanced Contributor role the ability to monitor the progress of workflow plans.
Tip: For more information on the default roles in Kepion, please read System Security Roles.
Before You Begin
Ensure that the Contributors have the appropriate read/write access to the Models in the Dashboard Apps they are being added to.
Tip: For more information on how to give users these permission, please read Manage Data Security.
Add and Manage Workflow Configuration
Hover over Administrator in the header. Select the application of your choice. For this example, we will select the Integrated Financial Planning application.
Select a Dashboard App on the right-hand side of your screen.
In the Configuration tab, change the Workflow type from Basic to Advanced.
Once Advanced is selected, select the User tab.
Add the Contributors, Reviewers, and Approvers needed for the Dashboard App. Remove any Users & Groups that are no longer needed.
These roles have the following access:
- Contributors: the main group of workflow users who submit data updates via an App. Use the HOME tab to view the Apps where you are a contributor.
- Reviewer: review App submissions from Contributors. Reviewers have the workflow action of Comment which allows them to provide their feedback during a workflow process. Use the REVIEW tab to view the Apps that are available for review.
- Approver: the final gate-keepers for any submitted Apps. Approvers have the ability to approve or reject submitted Apps made by Contributors. Use the APPROVE tab to locate available App Instances for approval.
Tip: For more information on how to add each role, please read the Administrator Overview.
When you have added the roles, navigate to the Approval tab.
Click the Add button.
First, select the contributor that you want to configure in the Apply To list. All the approvers in the workflow will be listed on left. Drag and drop the approvers to the right to create the approver chain. Click OK to finish.
To remove an existing approval chain, select the approval chain and then click Remove .
Note: You can add multiple Approvers for each Approval Workflow.
Save the changes made to the Dashboard App.
Sysadmins have the ability to impersonate custom users. Since Mike Piazza is a custom user, we can test the workflow by changing the user. Click the Username at the top-right corner of the screen.
Switch from the Administrator module to the Apps module. Enter in the information of the user that you will be impersonating. Switch the Type from User or Group to Custom.
The changes should be seen by the user Kepion. Click on the Dashboard App of choice.
Select the tab of choice.
Enter in the data. Once the data is entered, Click the ACTION drop-down menu. Select the Post option.
After Post has been selected, navigate back to the ACTION drop-down and click the Submit option.
Add comments as desired. Click Next.
The next screen shows the Approval Workflow chain. When you are finished reviewing the chain, click Submit.
This will lead the user back to the APPS page.
Switch to the Approver account (in this case, it's Teresa Lange). If the account that you are logged in as is the Approver account, you can do so by clicking the Revert button. If not, select the correct login options, and then click OK.
Hover over Administrator and select the relevant application.
Go to the Dashboard App of your choice.
Select the Progress tab. In this tab, you can review where users are in the approval process.
In HTML5 the Progress tab is replaced by the Submission tab. Submissions shows the administrator where each user is on the approval process.
There are also additional options in the HTML5 version.
- Update Forms: Update changes made in a Form's submission process. This assists when there are multiple workflows happening at once. If a change in one workflow will affect another, it is recommended you try to update the Forms so other users know what changes have been made.
- Reset Workflow: This resets the approval process so its status is Not Started. This is helpful if a user has started their approval process and may have forgotten what changes they have made. Please note this does not undo any values they may have posted. If values are posted or submitted, they are recorded in the Kepion Database.
- Email: Select the submissions by selecting the checkbox near the Status column. Once that is completed, click email to update the Owner's email in the email column.
- Sort: Sort the submissions by columns such as Status, Owner, Submission, etc.