When a user is importing their CSV file for a Dimension member list, the file could have a number of different encodings (UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-8, etc.). Only some of these encodings are supported by Kepion. This article discusses two different methods to ensure your file has the appropriate encoding.
Note: If you have uploaded a file that was not UTF-8 encoded, it may appear like the above image.
Excel - CSV
1. Open the file in Excel.
2. Go to File and select Save As.
3. Name the file as needed.
4. Once the file has saved, click the dropdown menu and select CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
Notepad and Text Editors
1. Once you have the appropriate CSV file, open the file in a text editor.
2. Click Save As... in the text editor and name the file as needed.
3. In the Encoding dropdown, select UTF-8.
4. Click Save when finished.