In order to access Kepion from HTTPS, you need to bind a valid SSL certificate onto the web server where Kepion is hosted. Please be aware that the process to add a certificate can vary based on the authority administering the certificate and the type of certificate file received.
Prerequisites: A valid SSL certificate in .pfx format.
1. On the Windows server where Kepion is installed, search for mmc to open the Console window.
2. Click File > Add/Remove Snap-in…
3. Select Certificates and then Add >.
4. Select Computer account and then Next.
5. Select Local computer, then click Finish.
6. Expand Certificates.
7. Right-click Personal and go to All Tasks > Import…
8. Click Next on the first screen.
9. Change the file type to Personal Information Exchange (.pfx) and locate the certificate file.
10. Click Next.
11. Enter the password for the private key, and click Next.
12. Select Place all certificates in the following store > Personal, and then click Next.
You can verify that your assigned certificate has been added under Certificates > Personal > Certificates.
Bind Certificate in IIS
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. Select Kepion Planning and click Bindings…
3. Click Add…
4. Configure the site as follows:
Host name: Enter the host name for the Kepion instance.
SSL certificate: Select the ticket you imported in the previous section.
5. Select OK to finish.
You should now be able to access your instance of Kepion through HTTPS.