After completing your installation, we strongly recommend you go through the checklist and double-check you have properly set up Kepion. This checklist can also help you troubleshoot some common problems others have faced during the setup process.
In IIS Manager, go to Application Pools, right-click Kepion Planning, and select Advanced Settings.
Verify your Kepion SI in the Identity field.
- If using Microsoft SQL Server 2019, you must download and install the cumulative update.
- Restrict SQL memory according to your desired Kepion environment
- Ensure Kepion SI has db_owner role membership for the Kepion System database and any other Kepion databases you might have. See step 1 of the Kepion SI - Server Permissions section for more details.
- Ensure your SSAS SI has db_datareader role membership for Kepion Application databases. Refer to the SSAS SI - Database Permissions section for more details.
- Ensure you have granted VIEW SERVER STATE to your Kepion SI. Refer to step 3 of the Kepion SI - Server Permissions section for more details.
- Ensure you have granted the ALTER TRACE, CONNECT SQL, and VIEW ANY DATABASE permissions to your SSAS SI. Refer to step 2 of the SSAS SI - Server Permissions section for more details.