Release and Beta Testing
We're unbelievably excited to announce that the release of the HTML5 Modeler is finally here! While we're still putting on some of the finishing touches, we've reached a point where we believe the software is complete and stable enough for everyone to start trying it out. As the Modeler is the biggest and most complex piece of our product, we know it's better to get it into the hands of our partners and customers sooner rather than later, so that we can start receiving feedback and fixing up any of the issues that might arise.
To access the HTML5 Modeler Beta, simply upgrade as usual to the latest version of the software via our SharePoint. If you notice any issues or want to leave us feedback, please submit a new ticket through our Help Center and select HTML5 Feedback for the ticket type. Receiving as much feedback as possible is critical for us to ensure that the HTML5 version of Kepion is the best version of the software yet!
While we've rethought or refactored something in nearly every section of the Modeler, below is a list of the largest and most impactful updates coming with HTML5:
- Fully compatible in all modern browsers without any additional installations or extensions.
- Modernized the look, feel, and user experience of the Modeler.
- Rethemed the entire product with our new colors and branding.
- Updated icons across the board for consistency and clarity.
- Updated the Member List icons to differentiate between flat lists and hierarchies.
- Redesigned the form icon.
- Redesigned the entire set of Data Rule icons (coming soon)
- Greatly optimized the import/export of data to and from a partition.
- Added snap-to-edge functionality for moving and resizing components in a Dashboard.
- Added align middle, align center, distribute horizontally, and distribute vertically as alignment options for Dashboard components.
- Enhanced the image upload and selection options.
- Redesigned the configuration windows for all Dashboard components to improve clarity and usability.
- Increased the amount of formatting options available for text and menu components.
- Vastly improved the in-product code editor with more intelligent syntax highlighting, keyboard shortcuts, line numbers, find and replace, and more!
- Added options to hide or show the full list of Time Hierarchies in the form layout tab.
- Redesigned the filter options to be easier to manage in forms.
- Improved the usability of the Native MDX tab.
- Included MemberIds by default when viewing a MemberList.
- And so much more!
As we wanted to get the product out to everyone as soon as possible, there are still a few areas that are being worked on in HTML5. Most notably is the Data Rule section, which requires a little more time to get it to a state that's ready to be released. You may also notice some small areas of functionality changes from the Silverlight version that will continue to be worked into the product as we wrap up development.
As we mentioned in our pre-HTML5 release announcement a couple months ago, there are two features which have been obsoleted moving into the HTML5 release. Please refer to our original announcement article for the full details.
- Workbooks / Workbook Apps
- Custom/Static data source for chart editor
Please sign in to leave a comment.