I've recetly had the chance to try out Kepion in HTML to prepare a sample application. This has been a great improvement overall but I found some issues/missing features I wanted to report.
This was done using EDGE 97.0.1072.55 (64 bits) as a browser and Kepion 6.0.22010
1) When adding properties to a form. Cell formatting is lost or changed. This can consume a lot of time because more often than not using Cell Attributes to format a form is not feasible to accomodate client requests. It also means that you need to redo all formatting because you needed to add a filter.
2) When using the rule desinger. Removing more than 1 column at a time from a data source crashes the browser. This was tested with Fact and Link data sources, not on dimensions.
3) One of the major ways in which we improve performance is transforming View rules into action rules. It is also possible for a Dev to make a mistake and create a rule and only at the end realize that he needs to make an action. In Silverlight rule creation from a copy allowed seamless transformation between VIEW and ACTION type rules. This is no longer possible in HTML5, meaning any rule that needs to change the type needs to be made from scratch.
4) Importing time dimension members into Model Facts via Import/Export functionality. One way in which we usually overcome the different date conversions between languages (for instance 15/12/2021 and 12/15/2021 and Dec FY21 vs Dic FY21) was asking our clients and adopting the standard of importing dates into kepion in the YYYYMMDD format. This seems no longer to be possible.
5) Column Mapping is no longer an option when importing data from CSV into a model. This forces you to be more precise when naming columns in the files. It was nice to have the option to manually map columns in the source file to the columns in the model. This is no longer an option in Kepion HTML5.
Please sign in to leave a comment.