The Dashboard Designer provides a flexible environment for building Dashboard views for your planning and reporting applications. With an intuitive drag-and-drop functionality, you will be able to build and implement a Dashboard quickly.
Tip: For a more detailed How-To on configuring Dashboards, please check out the Modeler Tutorial.
After entering Kepion, hover over the Modeler menu. Select the Application of your choice.
On the right side of your screen, select the All Dashboards node.
To create a Dashboard, select the Add option. Once the option is selected, you will be able to name the Dashboard and, if desired, make it a copy of a previously made Dashboard.
After you press OK in the pop-up window, the Dashboard Designer will automatically open the newly created Dashboard.
To import a Dashboard, select the Import option. This will open up a pop-up window that will allow you to navigate to the file path with the Dashboard file.
Note: This imports an entire Dashboard. The Import option within the Dashboard Designer imports Dashboard pages. You will get an error message if you try to import or export at the wrong level.
To export a Dashboard, Select the Dashboard of choice, and then select the Export option. This will open a pop-up window that will allow you to save the export anywhere on your machine.
If you are importing a Dashboard file, double-click anywhere on the file name and it will open the Dashboard in the Dashboard Designer.
There are four tabs on the Dashboard ribbon.
- Dashboard: The main area where you can edit your Dashboard pages.
- Header: Allows you to edit Dashboard headers.
- Preview: Provides an overall picture of the pages you are working on, which is the interface your users will finally see on their screens.
- Settings: Setup a profile logo for the Dashboard.
When first entering the Dashboard, users will need to select the Edit option in the Dashboard Ribbon to access the full menu of options.
The following options can be selected in the Dashboard ribbon once the user selects the Edit option:
- Revert: Exit Editing mode without saving any edits to the Dashboard pages.
- Save: Exit Editing mode and save all changes to the Dashboard.
- Add: Add a new Dashboard page.
- Text Styling Options: Change the font and alignment style of selected text.
- Editing: Clear formatting, undo, or redo changes that have been made.
- Background: Change the window color (areas beyond the page), the page color, and the background image.
Note: The page color takes precedent over the image and the image takes precedent over the window color.
- Filter: Link or unlink filters across Dashboard pages.
- Import/Export: Allow users to transfer Dashboard pages within or across applications. For more information, please refer to the Import and Export Dashboard Page article.
- Disable: Disable selected components within a Dashboard.
Page and Selection Panes
In the Dashboard Ribbon, there are two panes: Page and the Selection pane. The Page tab allows users set the starting page and to name, navigate, and reorder the pages.
You can name pages by double-clicking on the text above the image of the page.
The Selection tab allows users to organize page components.
You can also rename the components for easier organization by clicking on the name.
The components are visible when the eye icon on the right is open, and they can be hidden by simply clicking on the eye. You can hide all the components by clicking on the Hide All button. You can achieve the reverse behavior by clicking the Show All button.
You can adjust the layering of the components by clicking the up or down arrows beside the Hide All button. You can also bring the components forward or backwards by right-clicking on them and selecting the relevant option.
The Header tab has similar options to the Dashboard tab, however, there is one unique option in the Header tab.
- Banner: Change the background and border color of the banner. Also, you have the option to set the header to be stretched to the size of the browser window.
By default all applications come with the Action Menu in the Header.
The Action Menu contains the following actions if the Approval Process has not been set.
- Post: Send the entered values to the SQL database.
- Save: Save the changes made in the Dashboard.
- Discard: Recycles changes that have been made but not posted.
- Exit: Exits the App and goes back to the Apps screen.
If the Approval Process has been set, then the Action Menu will have some new options for the Contributors and the Approvers.
Contributors gain one new action.
- Submit: Submits all data entered for approval.
Note: If an Approver has not been selected, then the submitted action is in the final state for the process.
Approvers have three new actions.
- Approve: Accept data changes made by a contributor.
- Reject: Reject changes made by a contributor. Rejecting data does not revert it back to what it was before the submission.
- Open: Opens Existing submissions.
If you do not want the Action Menu to be viewable, click on the App and select the gear icon .
Select all the Hide options in the new pop-up window.
An area to preview how the Dashboard currently looks and feels.
Set an icon for the application. It is recommended that the image is 200x200 pixels in size. Also contains an option to always open the Dashboard to the start page (selected in the Dashboard tab).