In this guide, we will explain how to update Kepion on your machine(s). You will always find the most up-to-date version of the software in the Kepion Resource Center. We strongly recommend you regularly update Kepion to access the latest enhancements and features.
Tip: Follow our Announcements page to receive notifications on any software updates.
Single Tenant Upgrade
1. Select and download the latest installer from the Kepion Resource Center, under Software Downloads > v6.1.
Note: If you don't have access to the Kepion Resource Center, please submit a ticket.
2. Unzip and run the Kepion Planning 6.1.msi installer on the machine currently hosting the Kepion web server.
Kepion should open automatically when the update completes.
Note: You should also verify that your Applications have been upgraded successfully.
In a multi-tenant setup, each tenant will need to be updated individually.
1. Select and download the latest Package.zip file from the Kepion Resource Center, under Software Downloads > v6.1 > Manual Configuration.
2. Locate the zip folder and select Extract all.
3. Select Browse... to choose the extraction destination and then select Extract.
You should see the following files extracted:
4. Locate the file directories of each Kepion tenant and delete all the files except for kepion.override.json.
5. Copy the unzipped files from Package.zip and paste in each tenant's file directory.
6. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
7. Select Stop and Restart for the Kepion web server, or individually stop and restart each updated Kepion site.
8. Launch Kepion on each machine.
Note: You should also follow the instructions in the Verify Application Upgrade section to ensure your Applications are functioning properly.
Verify Application Upgrade
1. Open the Event Viewer.
2. Go to Window Logs > Application.
3. Select Filter Current Log...
4. Set Event sources to Kepion Planning and then select OK.
5. Locate the following message for each Application to confirm they have all been upgraded successfully:
'Application Name' application upgraded to version x.x.xxxxx.x
You will need to refer to this article if you see the following error message:
'Application Name' application requires upgrade